I am in a little bit of a funk this morning. Mr Dreamboat is out of town… for a week… that is a very long time to be away… And it is overcast, which in and of itself isn’t bad, it’s just not “cheerful” if you will, and I received word that an old friend had a horrible tragedy in the family. While we haven’t remained close, tragedy is a hard pill to swallow and I wish it upon no one, not a stranger, not someone whom I care about.
So I wonder to myself, what do I have to say today? And I suppose it’s about little miracles. Is it too soon for another miracles post?
Not every day is glorious, not every interaction is up lifting. But I believe we are surrounded by little miracles and here are ten I’ve noted recently:
- Yesterday on my painting adventure, while using the port-o-potty ,my phone dropped out of my pocket, teetered on the brink of disaster and was shoved, by what I believe to be Potty Angels, back over the side and safely to the disgusting floor. As I beautifully expressed to my mother last night: “My phone didn’t go to s#!t.” It’s a miracle.
- Last night all of my young married children ended up in my bedroom talking and joking and Zoë called in the middle of things. I finally had to kick them out and get off the phone because I was so tired, but it’s a miracle to me to have these delightful people in my life. They want to be around me and I feel like that is miraculous.
- I’ve been listening to The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. Our world is a magical place of strange and grand beauty. It is truly a miracle to be here and experience it. It’s also a miracle that I can understand even a little bit of this book.
- I am safe, I am warm, I am loved. That should actually count as a three-fer.
- I spend my days as I choose and though I sometimes feel “obligated” (a feeling relished by no one), the fact is that I choose what I do. Each of us does. That’s a blessing and a miracle.
- Mr Dreamboat is a miracle to me. He not only loves me, but he believes in me. He celebrates every success. He forgives me when I am being rotten. He laughs with me when I am ridiculous. We laugh a lot.
- The opportunities that come to me are miraculous. There is so much out there to accomplish and I have the very best people in the world to do it with. Lucky, lucky, blessed and grateful girl am I.
- Pierson Danger Young is a miracle. He is beautiful and perfect. Thank you, Adam & Ashley.
- I find the kindness in the hearts of those around me to be singularly miraculous. I am humbled by the gentle souls of this world.
- This day.
What are yours?