The only person that has been with me, no matter what, at every twist and turn, the only person who knows absolutely everything about me, who will never turn away and I know for a fact will be with me to the bitter end, is, of course, me.
The irony of this point is the person we often take the most for granted is ourselves. because we will always be there. That should change and here’s how:
1. Eat your favorite food. Maybe not every day, maybe not in front of anyone else, but do yourself a favor and give yourself a treat, even if it’s Chick-O-Sticks and Coke Zero. Perhaps because it’s Chick-O-Sticks and Coke Zero.
2. Take yourself to a movie. Just you. No feeling awkward. You’ll be surprised how much you have in common with yourself.
3. Buy yourself a present. Doesn’t need to be expensive. Doesn’t need to be fancy. Just something you’ve wanted and put off, because it was only for you, after all.
4. Sit outside or somewhere you can see nature in all her glory and just sit with yourself. No deep thoughts necessary. Just be with yourself for fifteen minutes or more. Admit it, you like you.
5. Make food decisions based on what will make you feel well. Order that salad because you know when you walk out of the restaurant you’ll feel good and healthy and well.
6. Schedule time for a bit of extra rest. No apologies, no self-flagellation. You deserve a break. And…
7. Get your heart pumping. Go for a bike ride or a nature walk or a stroll through the mall. Move your body and feel it’s majesty and be grateful for you.
8. Take a bit of time an do something you love. Catch a fish, draw a picture, surf the internet for the best bubble tent in the world. Ooh, and then buy a bubble tent. Or at least rent one. How cool would you make yourself feel then?
9. When you look in the mirror, every time look for things you love about you; kind eyes, genuine smile, cutest dimples ever. Look for all of the things that are lovable. They are countless. I promise.
10. Talk pretty to yourself. Say nice things. Praise you. Remember you are created to be majestic and brilliant and tell yourself that you are. Because you are. And it’s time you started acting like it.
Like it, share it, comment about how awesome you are and tweet. Tweet like a super star.