Yesterday Mr Dreamboat returned from a business trip. It was a fairly short trip comparatively, but even still I was so happy to have him home. The longest we’ve ever been separated was a mere 14 months and one week. But even four nights, like this last trip, is too long. Two nights is my maximum, chosen length. But I never get to choose.
It’s not that I can’t handle things on my own. I had four children at home, 3 businesses to keep an eye on, 3 houses to build and an inmate husband’s visiting schedule to manage when he was on the big trip. Yes, I am certainly capable of handling my affairs and the affairs of my family alone. I just don’t want to.
I suspect this is true for most people. We were made to pair up. We were created to have a mate and to share the burdens of life. And so I noticed within a few short minutes of Mr Dreamboat’s return yesterday, the many things I find attractive about him.
Here are ten characteristics I believe are universally attractive:
- A man who cleans up dog vomit is SUPER sexy. True story. That’s what prompted this post. Mr D dug right in upon returning home. Let us not limit it to dog vomit. Let’s be honest, the man who cleans up anything disgusting is sexy as hell.
- When we, occasionally, turn into crazy people, the man who can “handle” us, not take the craziness personally, but not damn us for our random insanity, is very attractive.
- A man who revels in our successes as much as he appreciates his own is drop dead gorgeous.
- Smart. Smart men, smart people in general, smart is attractive. But not smarmy smart. Not condescending smart. That’s just irritating.
- It’s cliche’, but Mr D with our grandson… that is nothing short of über attractive and adorable and heart melting with a cherry on top. Men who are good with children, a shoe in for deliciously enticing.
- I am an idiosyncratic person. I have a weird, sometimes dark, sense of humor, some enthusiastic but peculiar dance moves and my intermittent neediness. I suspect this can be burdensome at times, but a man who can appreciate a woman’s eccentricities, what’s not irresistible about that?
- Kindness may be the most appealing of all characteristics. Show me a man with a generous and kind heart, and I’ll show you a real catch of a man.
- I really believe we’re all more attractive when we take care of ourselves. Some healthy food, a little exercise from time to time, and a little self discipline go a long way down the road to absolutely fetching.
- A thoughtful man is absolutely beguiling. If I were waiting in the car, and someone came back with a Diet Coke and a Chic-O-Stick, in my case, I’d be undone. Who wouldn’t be?
- If you can laugh with me, if we can find life funny in some of the most demanding of circumstances, now THAT is downright irresistible.